So guys, my cousin Brandon, his girlfriend Pamela, and the sis and our friends Je’lyn and Sami wanted to be adventurous so we trekked all the way to Brooklyn to go to the food festival Smorgasburg.
BUT before you judge us on being fatasses (Which we totes were, no denying anything there) I will have you know we started the day with a Soul Cycle spinning class and then walked the entire Brooklyn Bridge. So I’m gonna pretend like I burned off all the calories I consumed today, all right?
Anyway, there were a bunch of tents that had vegan options . I’ll list them all and then state if we got anything from them. Unfortunately we didn’t get around to them all because my stomach was literally not big enough to (Weird right? I was always under the assumption my stomach was a black hole) but I’ll list them anyway.
1) Alchemy Cream: All-vegan (They have vegan ice cream and cookie sandwiches)
2) Bamboo Bites: Vegan-friendly and SO GOOD! We got sticky coconut rice with tofu satay and peanut sauce. I want it all over again! (For the sweet toothes out there, they also have sticky mango rice too!)
3) Chickpea & Olive: All-vegan (Didn’t get anything this time but I got the donut burger last time and loved it. Dunwell donuts was a fuckin no show so there were no donut burgers but I’m sure there other stuff is good too #butthurt)
4) Monks Meats (Didn’t get anything but have heard it’s good. All plant-based meats and stuff)
5) Kelvin Natural Slush Co: AMAZING slushies. We all got them. Super refreshing. We both got a arnold palmer base with guava syrup!
6) Regal vegan (No idea what it was but clearly vegan lol!)
7) Home Frite: Vegan-friendly (Delicious hand cut, thick and crunchy and soft french fries with ketchup treated by Sami!)
Anyway, check it out! Super fun to go with friends. Yall should def go and get some yummy treats! Rememba to TREAT YO SELF (But only after a soul cycle of course. duh…)